Saturday, August 21, 2010

38 weeks and distraction

Clara is "full term" now and we are just patiently awaiting her arrival.  That's a lie.  I have never waited patiently for anything in my life.. =)  I have gotten really good at distracting myself.  I'm organizing all of the pictures I have ever taken and cooking up a storm.  It's kinda like patience, right?


Here is one of my recent attempts in the kitchen, Tomato Pesto Pizza.
It was nice and easy and you could use any sort of toppings.


Ingredients

  • Pesto:
  • 2  cups  basil leaves
  • 1  garlic cloves
  • 1/8  cup  fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2  tablespoon  grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2  tablespoon  olive oil 
  •  
  • Pizza:
  • 1  (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
  • 2  cups  chopped seeded tomato
  • 3  garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1  cup  (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
  • 1/4  cup  thinly sliced basil leaves

Preparation

Preheat oven to 475°.
To prepare pesto, place 4 cups basil leaves and 2 garlic cloves in a food processor, and pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped. With processor on, add broth, Parmesan, and oil through food chute; process until well-blended.

To prepare pizza, place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with the tomato, garlic slices, and provolone. Bake at 475° for 12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Cut the pizza into 8 wedges.


Adapted from Cooking Light, JULY 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment